Mobile technology in the workplace is a necessity to deliver the customer service that will separate you from the pack and maintain the competitive advantage.
Containing masses of valuable personal data, sensitive company information and being prone to device theft, mobile phones are unfortunately acting like magnets to the damaging appetite of cybercriminals.
Therefore, as a central tool to your ever-connected business and personal life on the go, it’s crucial to recognise the security risks and take preventative action.
If you still think you don’t need mobile device protection, here are four reasons to re-consider.
1. Mobile Malware – constantly evolving, malicious software used to steal data and make money. Common malware activities include:
- Tracking the device’s location
- Using audio and video to monitor the user
- Diverting texts from institutions such as banks
- Adding charges to the phone (sending SMS messages that are billed to the user)
- Messaging contacts
- Collecting device information
- Downloading and installing apps and files
2. Loss or Theft
- Mobile phones accompany people everywhere, making them vulnerable to theft, damage and loss – which in turn leaves sensitive personal and business data open to exploitation.
- Devices are sold without wiping them first – risking the “selling” of all sensitive information.
3. Social Media
- Spam and phishing is shifting away from email into social media.
- Fake offers are the most common form of social media-based attacks. Social network users are invited to join a fake event, download an app or music, or enter a competition – often in return for a free gift.
4. Mixing Work & Play
- Employees leave the company’s secure network for their homes, children’s schools and areas with public Wi-Fi, taking company sensitive data with them.
- The same online file storage account is used for both work and personal files.
- Passwords and logins are shared with family and friends.
- Children are allowed to use parents’ devices to play, shop and download.
Be Mobile Secure with Evolv’s detailed Preventative Action Plan.