Backups are non-negotiable for your business practice
Ensuring your important and critical data is backed up should be obvious, but many businesses neglect this.
Assuming that your backups are adequate or, in fact, recoverable, is an assumption that could paralyse your business.
Applying the 3-2- 1 Backup rule is essential.
What Is The 3-2- 1 Rule?
- 3 copies of your data are created (1 of which is the original).
- Copies are stored on 2 different mediums (NAS, Tape, Internal RAID).
- 1 copy is stored offsite.
How Will No Backups Affect My Business?
- Failure, theft or fire damage of your single backup means no recovery.
- USB external drives are not a viable option, as data could be written to bad sectors, which cannot be recovered, resulting in failed restores.
- Not testing backups means you never truly know if your backups will work.
- No offsite backups can result in a total IT failure and will more than likely shut down your business.
- Directors are held legally liable for negligence regarding backups.